MOJO 256


Howdie fellow crafties...

Well, I got my 'MOJO' on early this week...

Yesterday I was making my son a cumber bun & bow tie for his ballroom dancing (as you do...) and had some left over satin fabric just yelling out for some floral action. I have seen this done on a few different sites and last night decided to try making a few fabric flowers by cutting some circles and melting the edges with a tealight... I then had it in my head that I wanted to incorporate them with this weeks MOJO Monday challenge... was a bit enthused when I came home to see this weeks sketch... my little flowers were able to make an appearance.. yaaayyyyy!!!

The 'Floral District' paper is a bit of a 'sneeky peeky' of one of the many new awesome products that will appear in the new Stampin' Up! catalogue out on September 1st.. not many sleeps now!!! Cannot wait! Stay Tuned...

Here is this weeks MOJO 256 Sketch... mmm... what to choose... round or square???
Square won out this week...

Now for the finish product...

 


Well, I can hear my bed calling... gotta kick my son out first as he is curled up in there watching Avatar for the 50th time!

Till next time,

Luv Deb x

Comments

  1. LOVE the flowers! Beautiful! Fabulous color choices. All in all, a stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou... I had fun doing this one..

      Delete
  2. LOVE your flowers and have to get going at trying that technique myself! Beautiful color combo! Thanks for playing with us at Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou... I have been meaning to make these flowers forever... soooo much fun. Will definately try some more! LOOOVE MOJO Monday .. makes you think outside the square... or circle if its the end of the month :)

      Delete
  3. Love your card Deb, mmm I've seen these flowers too but now I really would like to have a go. Great colours too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. you have got to try making the flowers.. they were fun! Will definately be making some more.. x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card. Love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice and bright cheery card, just lovely Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your flowers and the colour combination you have used x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever Deb :) I love the flowers and the colours are gorgeous!

    Abs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours! I love how you made the flowers, they are so cute! Very cheery card all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... making the flowers were fun... you have to try it some day x

      Delete
  9. I really do love the color scheme you chose! Those flowers are so pretty, but I am too hesitant to use the open flame, lol. Glad you joined in the Mojo madness so I could find your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks... I was a bit nervous to start, but its not as bad as I thought... will definately make some more.. :)

      Delete
  10. Oh!! is very nice, I love the colors you've used, It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi again Deb,
    I have a post in the works about how I used some quilting material on a scrapbook page. Would you mind if I linked your silk flowers post as another example of using material in papercraft?

    Abs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing Mzzz Abs.. would feel honoured to be linked to your wonderful blog... x

      Delete
    2. Deb, thanks so much. Have just posted so you may get a few extra visitors to your blog. They'd be mad not to check out your stuff!

      Abs x

      Delete
  12. I'm loving that your son's tie & cumberband are such an awesome colour, and that you have the same last name as me and you are SU Mad too! The flowers turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki... fellow 'Fraser'/craft addict... x

      Delete
  13. Wow! Your flowers turned out fantastic--so scrunchy around the edges! Mine never turn out that good. Love, love your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy... Loved making the little flowers... once I recovered from the 1st one catching on fire!!! (one frantic blow fixed that..) The secret was not keeping it too close to the flame for too long... mainly let the heat melt it a bit... I think it might depend on the fabric used.. this one worked great!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment