Egg Shell Painting...


Morning all...

...and what a beautiful morning it is... the weather is amazing and most importantly... It's my day off work.. I have soooo much planned... whether I get it done or not is a completely different matter... I will give it all a fair old crack!!! ...mmm... I do have to squeeze the washing in there as well...

so, today's post is showing a painting I did a little while ago using egg shells as a texture for the background... also... what to do with the eggs... make an impossible quiche... this is  so yummy, quick & easy...



What I did was to to soak the egg shells in warm water for a day or 2 to release the membrane inside the egg... pealed the membrane off completely... cracked them in pieces and glued them down (curved side facing up) using Mod Podge... then a layer of Gesso once it was dried and then paint... simple...








This is the finished painting... reminds me of the beach... it is such a tactile painting... feels very cool... it is now living in our bathroom... pretty appropriate...


Well... time for me to venture into my Craft Shed... oh, it's such a chore...

Till next time,
Luv Deb x

Comments